We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The water is boiled for approx. Ten minutes. Put the couscous to harden in a pan with olive oil, over low heat, uncovered, approx. 5 minutes. Then add boiling water, season with salt and spices, turn off the heat, cover with a lid and cook, without fire, approx. The couscous is served as such or with meat or vegetable dishes.
Good luck and good luck! : - *
The easiest recipe: tomatoes stuffed with couscous
Here is one of the simplest recipes that can be cooked quickly. It is also good for a light dinner and as a side dish to a kind of fish or lamb. It has a fresh and aromatic taste, which makes you think of Mediterranean cuisine, although you do not know where to place it: on a Greek island, on the Moroccan coast or in the Iberian Peninsula? It is also the ideal recipe for playing in the kitchen, in case you have a dwarf eager to cook.
Here's what you need (quantities for 4 servings):
A handful of raisins kept in water with a teaspoon of vodka or brandy
1 cup of juice from any soup
2-3 sprigs of green onions or garlic
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Assorted aromatic herbs, according to taste: coriander, oregano, basil, mint
A pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and a pinch of turmeric
First soak the raisins, it is very important to swell a little and to get rid of alcohol. Then preheat the oven to 200 degrees, so that it fills up immediately.
Wash the tomatoes and cut a lid. Using a knife and a teaspoon, remove the seeds and pulp until they are about an inch thick. Put the hollowed-out tomatoes face down to drain the juice. Chop the peeled tomato pulp, onion or garlic and put them in a pan together with the drained raisins, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Keep on the fire for a few minutes, to make the flavors friendly, then set aside and add the finely chopped herbs.
Heat the juice from the soup and when it boils, pour it into a heat-resistant bowl over the couscous. Add salt, pepper and turmeric and cover the bowl, all the liquid must be absorbed by the couscous - it takes about 5 minutes.
Now fill the tomatoes with couscous mixed with the prepared sauce, put the lids on them and place them in an oven dish on baking parchment. Gently sprinkle the lids with the remaining tablespoon of oil and leave in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the tomato peel softens.
Tomatoes stuffed with couscous can be eaten for dinner or as a side dish, hot or lukewarm. Depending on your preferences, you can add grated zucchini, grated carrots, roasted and crushed hazelnuts, pumpkin or pine nuts to their sauce.
Unique recipe from Jamie Oliver for Christmas: WELL TASTED TUNA, SICILIAN CUSHION & # 038 GREENINGS
The holidays are approaching and we are all preparing all kinds of delicious recipes.
This year, together with the traditional dishes, we recommend a light and tasty recipe, suitable for both gourmets and those who pay attention to the silhouette: WELL TURNISHED TUNA, SICILIAN CUSHION & VEGETABLES. Jamie Oliver recommends this recipe in his new book, & # 8220Super Food Every Day & # 8221.
TONE WELL BROWN
SICILIAN CUSHION & GREEN
I like to eat, from time to time, fresh tuna, which I know exactly where it comes from - it is easy to prepare and contains a lot of selenium, which keeps our hair and nails strong, healthy.
4 ripe tomatoes, of different colors
1½ 2 fresh red hot peppers
2 sprigs of fresh basil
150 g whole couscous
2 cloves of garlic
1 x 225 g piece of tuna
1 whole nutmeg for shaving
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon small capers
4 green onions
1 bunch of asparagus (300 g)
1 large handful of mangold beet leaves
30 g feta
For starters, an excellent way to get a tasty couscous: we will prepare it with cold liquid, instead of heating it. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds from a hot pepper put these vegetables in a food processor, along with the basil leaves, peel and juice of 1 lemon, a pinch of salt and black pepper, plus 150 ml of cold water. Process until smooth, pour the mixture into a bowl, add the couscous, then cover and set aside for 1 hour.
When the couscous has absorbed all the flavors, taste and season as you like. Peel a squash, grate it and chop finely. Season the tuna with pepper and a little grated nutmeg, then cover it with oregano and 1 teaspoon of oil. Brown it in a non-stick pan over high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, adding the hot pepper, garlic and capers when you turn it over and stirring in the pan so that it is fried thoroughly.
©  Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited Credit: Photography: Jamie Oliver
Transfer the contents of the pan to a chopper and place the pan back on the stove, lowering the heat. Remove the tails of the green onions and the asparagus, then split the stems lengthwise, cut the beet leaves in half and put everything in the pan that has heated up, along with a good amount of water. Cover with a lid and simmer for 4 minutes or until the greens have softened. Fold the couscous, sprinkle the chopped feta on top, sprinkle the vegetables that accompanied the fish, cut the tuna into strips and serve with lemon slices, which are squeezed over the preparation.
Jamie Oliver's new book, & # 8220Super Food Everyday & # 8221, contains recipes for 30 breakfasts, 30 lunches and 30 dinners, as well as original and fresh ideas for healthy snacks and drinks. The recipes are simple, tasty, nutritious and very affordable. The result is a flexible cookbook, which you can use daily, which gives you the opportunity to choose to fundamentally change your lifestyle or simply try delicious recipes for a few meals during the week.
In addition to helping us pay more attention to what we eat, Jamie has gathered advice from top nutrition and health experts, and the result is what Jamie knows best to do - a lot of useful information in easy portions digestible and delicious recipes. More details about the book here.
To be healthier and happier, try Jamie Oliver's new book, & # 8220Super Food Every Day & # 8221, available now: http://www.curteaveche.ro/colectii/colectia-jamie-oliver/super-food -in-every-day.html
Media partner: Paprika TV
Couscous recipe with Mexican vegetables
Recently, my children have tasted couscous and have been asking for it repeatedly ever since. I have to admit that I'm glad he eats it, because it has a lot of benefits for the body, it cooks super fast and it's also tasty. It is also satiating, the feeling of hunger delaying to appear after a portion of couscous.
Most just moisturize the couscous, putting it in water and letting it swell, but I prefer to cook it a little differently. Today, I want to show you a recipe for couscous with Mexican vegetables, a kind much appreciated by my little ones.
Ingredients needed for couscous with Mexican vegetables
- a small bag of couscous
- a small bag of frozen Mexican vegetables
- salt pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
As I told you, it is a very easy recipe to prepare. Put the vegetables to boil, with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, put 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and brown the couscous a little (straight from the bag, before moisturizing it). After the vegetables have softened, I put them over the browned couscous and put about two cups of the vegetable juice. Season to taste and simmer until all the water is reduced (maximum 10 minutes) and the couscous swells nicely. I turn it from time to time so as not to stick to the pan.
And voila! The couscous recipe with Mexican vegetables is ready! We serve it both hot and cold, both as a side dish and as a main course.
CUSHION SALAD WITH VEGETABLES
Couscous is a type of spherical granules prepared from durum wheat flour (semolina). It is native to Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Egypt, etc., over time couscous has become a food used in European cuisines. Couscous is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. The recipe I cooked today does not take more than 10 minutes to prepare. Thanks to this recipe, I also ate couscous for the first time and I want to tell you that I was pleasantly surprised by the interesting and delicious taste of these wheat grains. I urge you to try this quick recipe too.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiled water (hot)
- A handful of parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 cucumbers (cut into cubes)
- 4 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ grated peel of a lemon
- ½ lemon juice
- 4 green onions (finely chopped)
- Salt and black pepper
Method of preparation:
- Put the couscous in a large bowl, add the glass of hot water and a little salt. Cover the bowl with cling film, aluminum foil or a lid and let it swell for about 5-7 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. After time has passed, mix with a fork to separate the couscous grains.
- Add the chopped vegetables, parsley, green onions and grated lemon peel. Squeeze ½ lemon juice, sprinkle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix the whole salad together. Good appetite.
If you are preparing this recipe, don't forget to take a photo of it and use the hashtag #valeriesfood
Couscous with vegetables, a healthy and tasty meal
If you want to prepare a delicious meal or a quick and easy dinner, try to make couscous with vegetables. It is an extremely simple recipe, for which you do not need too much experience & icircn kitchen.
The couscous is boiled quickly, in water or in water vegetable or chicken soup. All you have to do is boil the liquid, add olive oil, butter and salt and then put the couscous.
To orient yourself better, you need to know that for a cup of couscous, you need to use a cup of water. The couscous will be boiled for about 5 minutes.
It is a food that matches vegetables, especially now, during Lent. The couscous can also be served with fish or with different steaks.
If you want to prepare a fasting meal, here are the ingredients you need for the most delicious vegetable couscous:
- 250 g couscous
- a zucchini
- two bell peppers
- 3 carrots
- an onion
- a few tomatoes
- half a cube of vegetable concentrate
- 400 ml of water
- 40 g butter
- olive oil
Recipes for dark days
Something quick and easy for all those who have never cooked before.
Ingredients: spaghetti, butter / oil, ham, cheese, tomato sauce, an egg, salt, pepper, water, other spices (optional).
1. Boil the pasta according to the instructions, and when they are ready, drain the water
2. Put the pasta on the fire again with a quarter of a packet of butter / oil "to the eye"
3. Stir continuously so that the pasta does not stick
4. Add egg, ham, cheese, tomato sauce and spices (to taste)
5. Remove from the heat, and when serving you can add grated cheese.
Want a slice of pizza in the middle of the night, but don't want to order? Here's the solution!
Ingredients: a few slices of bread, cheese, salami, vegetables (of your choice), tomato sauce / ketchup.
1. Put the rest of the ingredients on the slice of bread - starting with the tomato sauce and ending with the cheese
2. Leave the slices in the microwave until the cheese melts.
Quesadilla with vegetables
For those moments when you remember you have a pan or a sandwich maker:
Ingredients: a few slices of bread, cheese, peppers, onions, salt, pepper, other spices (optional).
2. Place the pepper and onion pieces on the slice of bread, then sprinkle the cheese over
3. Put the other slice of bread over
4. Place everything in the sandwich maker or pan and wait a few minutes to prepare (the best sign is when the cheese melts).
Couscous with fried mushrooms
When you are in a mini financial crisis and you are hungry, by magic the cousin saves you.
Ingredients: 250 g couscous, 500 ml water, salt and other spices, 250 g mushrooms (or more, depending on how much you love mushrooms).
1. Boil the couscous in water over low heat for 10-15 minutes
2. Meanwhile, fry the mushrooms in a pan
3. After they are ready, add the mushrooms and then the spices to taste.
Bacon & Cheese
Ingredients: an egg, milk, grated cheddar cheese, a few slices of bread, chopped tomatoes and chopped bacon.
1. Beat the egg in a bowl and add the milk and grated cheese
2. Cut the bread slices into pieces
3. In another bowl (or even a larger cup), put as many times as you want in this order: pieces of bread, bacon and tomatoes
4. When you're done, add the egg, milk and cheese mixture
5. Put the whole dish in the microwave for 1 minute and a half to 2 minutes
Ingredients: 350 g cornmeal, 1 ½ liter of milk, salt, 300 g kneaded curd, 100 g butter, 200 g cream.
1. Boil the milk with a teaspoon of salt
2. When it boils, add the cornmeal little by little and chew so that no lumps appear, keeping the pot on low heat.
3. After the polenta is ready, remove from the heat and mix with the butter and kneaded curd
4. Serve immediately with sour cream on top.
Noodles with vegetables
Ingredients: 2 bags of instant noodles, vegetables (tomatoes, mushrooms, peas), onion, oil, salt, pepper.
Wash the potatoes and dry them with a paper towel. Pierce the peel of the potatoes with the tip of a sharp knife, grease them with ½ tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on them, to taste.
Wrap the prepared potatoes in aluminum foil and leave them on the hot grill for 20-25 minutes.
Put the couscous in a bowl. Add over it 120 ml of boiled water, tomato paste, salt, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin and chilli. Mix well and set aside until it swells.
Wash the parsley, finely chop it and add half of it over the couscous, along with the lime juice and a little olive oil.
Cut the avocado in half, peel it and slice it. Mix the yogurt with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. Coarsely chop the pistachio.
Take the potatoes off the grill, remove the foil and cut them lengthwise. Fill them with couscous, add yogurt, avocado slices and sprinkle with parsley, pomegranate seeds and pistachios.
Couscous - one of the healthiest cereal products
Couscous is one of the healthiest cereal-based products, containing vitamins, minerals, proteins and fiber is recommended in the diet of people suffering from digestive, cardiovascular, hepato-renal or gout diseases. The term "couscous" refers both to the dry and uncooked couscous, which only needs to be soaked in order to be consumed, but also to the main course.
There are three types of couscous: Moroccan, Israeli and Lebanese.
Moroccan couscous has the smallest granules and cooks the fastest. The Israeli couscous has the grains the size of a peppercorn and is harder to cook. The Lebanese couscous is even larger and cooks very slowly, being similar to rice.
Originally from Arab countries, couscous has penetrated the kitchens of other peoples, who have adopted and personalized it.
In North Africa, couscous is served with vegetables (carrots, potatoes, turnips, etc.) cooked in a spicy sauce, along with meat (lamb, chicken or sheep). In Libya, it is served at regular meals, along with meat (beef, lamb and camel). Also, here is prepared a dessert ("maghrood") of couscous, sesame, dates, honey, cream. In Morocco and Algeria, the couscous is mounted like a mound inside with lamb, beef or chicken, all sprinkled with almonds, raisins, cinnamon and sugar. In European cuisine, couscous is served with vegetables, as a garnish for steak or added to salads.
It's good to know
- the cooked couscous must be consumed in 2 days, but it can be frozen for about 3 months
- from a cup of dry couscous results 2-2 1/2 cups of cooked couscous
- for the garnish, calculate 1/2 cup of cooked couscous for each person
The couscous can be cooked in 2 ways
1. Heat olive oil or butter in a saucepan over low heat, add onions, garlic and spices (turmeric, saffron, curry), add couscous, stir over low heat, then add hot soup , bring to the boil, cover the vessel and allow to stand for 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed, then loosen it with a fork.
2. Put the couscous in a bowl, add the same amount of boiled water, spices (salt, pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, pine buds, cinnamon), mix with a fork, cover and leave for five minutes. . Mix with a fork.
Couscous with vegetables. INGREDIENTS. For 6 servings - 500 g couscous, 1 carrot, 1 parsnip, 1 sprig of leek / 3-4 sprigs of green onion / 1 old onion, green peas / beans (optional), 3 tablespoons oil, salt, pepper. PREPARATION. Peel and wash the carrots, parsnips and leeks. Grate the carrot and parsnip. Chop the leeks and green onions. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the root vegetables for 5 minutes on medium heat, add the leeks, green onions and salt and leave for another 5 minutes. Add the couscous and cook for 2 minutes. Add 500 ml of hot water / soup, cover and leave for 5 minutes.
Couscous salad. Mix in the desired proportions: couscous, tomatoes, olives, green parsley, bell pepper, cheese.
Couscous with chicken. In the prepared couscous, add the baked chicken and, optionally, pomegranate seeds.
Baked vegetable couscous. Put the vegetables (bell pepper, zucchini, eggplant, red onion) in an oven tray, sprinkle with oil, season, prepare al dente. Prepare the couscous. In a bowl, place the couscous, add chickpeas, vegetables, spices (coriander, turmeric), sauce (olive oil, lemon juice, cinnamon). Mix and decorate with green parsley and mint.
Chickpea with Garam Masala and couscous
I really like fried chickpeas, so I thought of combining it with a milk sauce and a little garam masala. And because I hadn't eaten in a long time, I made a couscous garnish. Which is very easy to prepare, we just need to pour hot water over the couscous, to 1 part couscous we add 2.5 parts water. Cover and leave for 20-30 minutes. During this time it will absorb all the water and swell. Then we mix it with a sauce, or spices, or just a little salt and it's ready.
Couscous is a pasta made from durum wheat and looks similar to rice. It is one of the richest sources of selenium, which helps the cardiovascular system, strengthens the immune system and improves muscle mass. It has a low calorie intake, so it is recommended for people who want to lose weight. It is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Garam masala is a combination of spices of Indian origin, and usually contains black pepper, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. If you don't have it, you can combine the ingredients mentioned at home. It is widely used in dishes of various types of meat or vegetables.
- 300 g boiled chickpeas
- 1 dried onion, or 2 green onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons tomato juice
- 250 ml soy milk
- ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper paste (optional)
- salt pepper
- 125 g couscous
You may also be interested in: Tofu with rice (Tikka Masala)
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. I used ready-cooked chickpeas, I put them in the freezer. (Otherwise, the chickpeas are washed and left to soak overnight. In the morning, change the water and bring to a boil. As it boils, the foam must be removed.)
Put the boiled chickpeas in a pan with a tablespoon of coconut oil (or whatever you have), a tablespoon of garam masala, finely chopped green parsley, salt and pepper. Fry it for a few minutes until it starts to brown. When it's ready, we take it out and set it aside.
2. Put the couscous in a bowl and pour hot water over it to cover it. Stir, cover the bowl and set aside until you finish the sauce. At 125 g of couscous I put 312 ml of water.
3. We use the same pan in which we fried the chickpeas. Put the finely chopped onion and the garlic cloves put through the press with a tablespoon of oil and sauté until the onion becomes translucent. Add the smoked paprika, a pinch of ginger powder, 1 tablespoon of garam masala, salt, pepper, lemon juice, tomato juice and milk, mix and let it start to boil. Optionally, if you want the chickpeas to be spicier, add a little hot pepper paste.
4. Add the fried chickpeas over the milk and leave until the milk drops almost completely.
5. Mix the couscous with a tablespoon of soy sauce and a pinch of salt.
Serve the chickpeas with the couscous garnish, on which we sprinkled green parsley.