We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef pasta
A quick Bolognese sauce, tossed with macaroni and ricotta cheese, then baked until bubbling under a layer of golden cheeses, makes a delicious family meal.
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
22 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (400g) tin can chopped tomatoes
- 450g tomato passata
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 400g macaroni
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 100g ricotta cheese
- 50g mozzarella, diced
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:38min ›Ready in:48min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease a large baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Crumble the beef into the pan and fry until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Stir over a medium heat for 1 minute, then add the chopped tomatoes and the passata. Stir well, then add the oregano and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook over a medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until thick.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, and cook the macaroni until tender, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, and combine with the meat sauce, 2 tablespoons of the grated Parmesan cheese and the ricotta cheese. Turn the mixture into the prepared baking dish, then top with the diced mozzarella cheese and the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and browned, about 20 minutes.