We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 large chicken thighs with skin and bones (preferably organic; about 2 1/4 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds unpeeled medium Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 2-inch-long, 1/2-inch-thick spears
- 2 pounds medium carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch-long, 1/2-inch-thick spears
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat large rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil. Place chicken on baking sheet. Turn to coat with oil and set skin side up. Mix salt, thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper, and nutmeg in small bowl. Sprinkle half of mixture over chicken. Roast until chicken starts to brown and some fat has rendered, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine potatoes, carrots, 2 tablespoons oil, and remaining salt-thyme mixture in large bowl. Transfer thighs to medium bowl; set aside. Transfer potato-carrot mixture to same baking sheet; turn to coat with drippings. Roast until vegetables soften, 30 minutes. Place thighs on vegetables; pour accumulated juices from chicken over. Return sheet to oven. Roast until chicken is cooked and vegetables brown, 15 minutes longer.
Place chicken on platter; top with chives.