We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 7 tablespoons white miso (fermented soybean paste)
- 6 large shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon tamari soy sauce
Using a Microplane or the coarse holes of a box grater, finely grate ginger. Wrap gratings in cheesecloth and squeeze juice through cheesecloth, yielding 1½ tsp. ginger juice. Set aside.
Whisk white miso and 6 cups water in a medium saucepan over medium heat to combine. Add mushrooms and green onions and bring to a simmer (do not boil).
Add soy sauce and reserved ginger juice and cook, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. Divide soup among bowls and serve.