We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1/2 pound bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 pepperocini from jar, drained, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes in juice
- 12 ounces linguine, freshly cooked
Sauté bacon in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until crisp and brown. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels and drain. Spoon off all but 3 tablespoons drippings from pot. Add onion and garlic to drippings. Sauté over medium-high heat until onion begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Add pepperoncini and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes with juices and bacon. Simmer sauce 2 minutes to blend flavors. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add linguine; toss until pasta is coated with sauce. Transfer linguine to bowl; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve, passing more cheese separately.