- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound assorted wild mushrooms (such as crimini and stemmed shiitake), coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 3/4 pounds white-skinned potatoes, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 large head of bok choy, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide slices
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until golden, about 8 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Add wine and thyme; boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add next 4 ingredients; cover and simmer gently until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in bok choy; simmer uncovered until tender, about 8 minutes.
Using slotted spoon, transfer 3/4 cup potato pieces to small bowl; mash with fork. Return mashed potatoes to pot; simmer until juices thicken, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; serve.