We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This simple boiled crawfish recipe kicks it up a notch for shrimp cocktail lovers.
- 1 1/2 cups bottled mild tomato chili sauce (such as Homade brand)
- 7 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 teaspoons (or more) prepared white cream-style horseradish
- 1 3-ounce bag crawfish, shrimp, and crab boil (such as Zatarain's)
- 1 large onion, peeled, quartered
- 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
Whisk first 4 ingredients and 3 teaspoons horseradish in medium bowl to blend. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and more horseradish, if desired. Transfer to small bowl. DO AHEAD Sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Combine first 7 ingredients in 10- to 12-quart large pot. Add 4 quarts water and 2 tablespoons salt. Bring to boil over high heat, stirring until salt dissolves. Boil 5 minutes. Add crawfish and boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add ice cubes to pot to stop cooking. Let crawfish sit in cooking liquid 15 minutes.
Using slotted spoon, transfer all crawfish to large bowl. Reserve 10 whole crawfish for garnish. Working with remaining crawfish 1 at a time, hold head and body with 1 hand and twist off tail portion with opposite hand. Discard head portion. Peel shell off tail and clean tail. Place tail in medium bowl. DO AHEAD Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill tails and reserved 10 crawfish.
Divide cleaned crawfish evenly among 10 dishes. Garnish with whole crawfish. Serve crawfish with cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.