We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 6 lamb shanks (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled carrots
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 4 cups low-salt beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled, smashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 sprigs each fresh thyme, rosemary, and Italian parsley
- Lemon Risotto with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (click for recipe)
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
Preheat oven to 325°F. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper; coat with flour. Heat oil in large ovenproof pot over medium heat. Working in batches, brown lamb on all sides, about 12 minutes. Transfer to large bowl. Add carrots, onion, and celery to pot; sauté until light brown, about 12 minutes. Add both broths and wine; stir, scraping up browned bits. Add next 7 ingredients and herb sprigs. Squeeze in juice from lemon halves; add lemon halves and lamb. Bring to simmer, cover tightly, and transfer to oven.
Braise lamb until very tender, about 2 1/2 hours. Transfer to large plate. Boil juices until reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 45 minutes. Return lamb to pot to rewarm. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 days ahead. Refrigerate uncovered until cool, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm over medium heat.
Divide risotto among plates. Top risotto on each plate with 1 lamb shank. Spoon some of sauce from pot over lamb. Sprinkle chopped parsley over and serve.