We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder*
- 1 cut-up chicken (8 pieces; about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, peeled, cut into 16 wedges
Combine garlic, salt, olive oil, and Chinese five-spice powder in large bowl. Add chicken pieces; turn to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange onion wedges in 13x9x2-inch roasting pan. Arrange chicken, skin side up, atop onions. Roast until chicken is cooked through, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 50 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Arrange chicken and onions on platter and serve.