We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 6 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices sourdough baguette, or 3 slices sourdough country loaf, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds small mushrooms (such as chanterelles, morels, crimini, or button mushrooms), brushed clean (halved if large)
- 12 fresh oysters, shucked, chopped, drained (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 12 very thin slices lardo (optional)
Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add 3 bread slices and toast until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp. butter to skillet; turn bread and toast until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer toasts to a wire rack; let cool. Repeat with remaining 3 bread slices and 3 Tbsp. butter. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 hour ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Wipe skillet clean. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté, tossing frequently, until lightly colored but still firm, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and transfer one third of mushrooms to a plate. Add 2 Tbsp. butter and cream to skillet. Bring to a simmer; cook until cream is very thick and mushrooms are well coated in sauce, 3–4 minutes. Stir in oysters, if using, and shallots and parsley.
Divide toasts among plates; spoon mushroom mixture over. Top with reserved mushrooms. Lay 2 slices lardo over each toast, if using. Serve immediately.