We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas (from about 2 pounds pods), or frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
If using fresh peas, cook in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 3 minutes; drain and set aside (do not cook frozen peas).
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add scallions and peas and cook, stirring constantly, until scallions are just beginning to soften and peas are heated through, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and stir in lemon zest. Stir in parsley and chives; season with salt and pepper.