We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 7 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup crumbled soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Large pinch cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter six 3/4-cup soufflé dishes. Place 1 tablespoon Parmesan in each dish; rotate dishes to coat with cheese, leaving excess in dishes. Place dishes on baking sheet. Whisk milk and yolks in bowl to blend.
Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, thyme, and rosemary; sauté 3 minutes. Add flour; whisk 1 minute. Whisk in milk mixture. Whisk soufflé base until thick and bubbling, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Add 1/2 cup goat cheese, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; whisk until cheese melts. Beat whites in bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold 1/4 of whites into base in pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup goat cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan over. Fold in remaining whites in 2 additions. Divide mixture among dishes.
Bake soufflés until puffed and beginning to brown on top, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.