We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 large ears of corn, husked
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes (each about 9 to 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño chili
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft fresh goat cheese (about 2 ounces)
Lightly oil grill racks. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill corn and bell pepper until corn is tender and beginning to brown in spots and pepper is blackened, turning occasionally, about 12 minutes for corn and 15 minutes for pepper. Enclose pepper in paper bag 10 minutes. Peel, seed, and chop pepper; place in large bowl. Cool corn, then cut kernels off cobs; add to bowl with pepper.
Cut tomatoes crosswise in half. Using melon baller or small spoon, scoop center of tomatoes into small bowl, leaving shell. Sprinkle inside of tomato shells lightly with salt; place cut side down on paper towels and let drain 30 minutes. Discard tomato seeds and juices in bowl; coarsely chop tomato solids and add to corn mixture.
Whisk oil, lime juice, lime peel, and garlic in small bowl to blend. Add to corn mixture. Mix in shallot, cilantro, and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon corn salad into tomato shells. DO AHEAD: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill. Sprinkle cheese over and serve.