We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand, juices reserved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 425°. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeños; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 8 minutes. Add chickpeas, paprika, and cumin and cook for 2 minutes longer.
Add crushed tomatoes and their juices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle feta evenly over sauce. Crack eggs one at a time and place over sauce, spacing evenly apart. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until whites are just set but yolks are still runny, 5–8 minutes. Garnish with parsley and cilantro. Serve with pita for dipping.