We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for dredging
- 2½ teaspoons salt-free garlic pepper spice blend
- 2 tablespoons (packed) chopped Italian parsley
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
Pulse garbanzo beans, onion, 3 Tbsp. flour, garlic pepper spice blend, cumin, baking powder, and salt in a food processor until coarse puree forms. Add chopped Italian parsley; process just to blend. Generously sprinkle plate with all-purpose flour. Roll level tablespoonfuls garbanzo bean mixture into balls; transfer balls to plate. Roll falafel in flour to coat generously; flatten balls slightly.
Pour enough vegetable oil into a heavy large skillet to reach depth of ½". Heat oil to 375°. Working in 2 batches, fry falafel patties until deep brown, turning once, about 3 minutes. Transfer falafel patties to paper towels to drain. Serve falafel with hummus.