We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice or ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, or almonds, divided
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries or dried unsweetened cherries or blueberries, divided
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter 9x5x3-inch metal loaf pan. Dust pan with flour, tapping out excess.
Whisk flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Whisk eggs and vanilla in small bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon espresso powder in large bowl until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. With mixer running, gradually add egg mixture. Add flour mixture in 2 additions, beating on low speed just to blend after each addition. Beat batter 30 seconds on medium speed. Add 3/4 cup pecans and 3/4 cup cranberries; beat just to incorporate evenly. Transfer batter to pan.
Bake cake until top is golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Invert cake; remove pan. Turn cake top side up; cool on rack.
Mix powdered sugar, milk, and 2 teaspoons espresso powder in medium bowl. Spread glaze over top of cake, allowing some to drip down sides. Sprinkle 1/4 cup nuts and 1/4 cup cranberries over. Let stand until glaze sets, about 20 minutes. DO AHEAD Can be made 5 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.