We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- French bread
Moricettes are an ubiquitous delicacy in Alsace. This recipe requires a bread machine.
1 person made this
IngredientsMakes: 15 rolls
- 150ml milk
- 150ml warm water
- 500g French Type 55 or strong white unbleached bread flour
- 16g salt
- 30g butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried active yeast
- 40g bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
MethodPrep:1hr ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:1hr20min
- Pour the milk and the warm water into the vat of a bread machine, then add the flour, half of the salt, the butter and yeast. Choose the program for "dough."
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface. Divide into about 15 medium balls to make regular size bread rolls, or make mini bread rolls.
- In a pot bring 500ml water to the boil, add the remaining salt and bicarbonate of soda. Plunge moricettes into the boiling water, turn them over, and remove them quickly to drain on paper towels.
- Place the moricettes on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Make two parallel cuts in each moricette. Whisk the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water and brush the moricettes with it then sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until deeply golden, about 20 minutes.
French Type 55 flour is used to make baguettes and is available in specialty shops or online.