We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Chicken soup
- Chicken noodle soup
A traditional clear chicken noodle soup - with loads of veggies, fresh ginger and a few store cupboard spices such as chilli and garlic.
Cheshire, England, UK
1 person made this
- 1.5L (3pt) chicken stock
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 (2cm) piece root ginger, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli (from the jar)
- 1 bouquet garni or teaspoon mixed herbs
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 handful cooked noodles, chopped
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:35min
- Pour the chicken stock into a pot and then add all the other ingredients except the noodles.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts and shred or chop. Take the soup and pour it though a sieve. Return the shredded chicken to the pan; add the cooked noodles.
- Warm the soup again and check seasoning. Serve.
Use leftover chicken! My husband hates vegetables and this fools him time after time. The kids will love it and they won't know all the goodness of the veg are there, because they can't see them!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (0)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 large chicken breasts, chopped in small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces rice noodles, broken in half
Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. Add oil, carrots, onion, and bell pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add chicken and mix well. Add garlic. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 5 to 10 minutes.
Mix in chicken broth, coconut milk, curry paste, salt, and pepper. Bring soup to a boil, about 5 minutes. Add noodles and allow soup to come to a boil again. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 3 minutes.
Cover the pot, remove from heat, and let sit just until noodles are tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
It&rsquos always a pleasure to partner with Campbell&rsquos Soup to bring you new simple recipes and family fun. It&rsquos National Soup Month so I thought it would fun to create a fun twist on our favorite classic Campbell&rsquos Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup. It&rsquos always nice going through my pantry and pulling out Campbell&rsquos Soup for quick fix lunches and dinners. Comfort food is a family favorite!
One of our favorite pantry staples is without a doubt Campbell&rsquos Chicken Noodle Soup. My kids like to add their favorite toppings to make a whole new bowl of soup. My 13 year old loves to add his favorite salsa to his soup. My 10 year old loved to add shredded cheese to his. My 3 year old loves black beans and corn in his soup. I prefer a little cumin and chopped cilantro to mine. When we put all of our favorite ingredients together we have created this amazing flavor packed Mexican style soup.
Sometimes we don&rsquot have everyone&rsquos favorite ingredients stocked in the refrigerator and pantry, so the boys might have to choose their second favorite ingredient, we usually can make it work. Often times the three boys have trouble agreeing on their favorite soup flavor&hellipsometimes they wrestle it out to decide. We also usually have ingredients all over the kitchen, but that&rsquos part of the fun. Keeping it real at the Flake house 🙂
- Over medium heat, add canola oil to a saucepan.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots to the pan and mix.
- Prepare your chicken stock with hot water.
- In a jug combine 2 cups of water with the chicken stock.
- Add the mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the thyme sprigs to the saucepan.
- Add the rotini to the saucepan and stir.
- Lower the temperature and let the soup simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast and thigh to the soup (pre-cooked chicken).
- Add salt, pepper, and mix the soup.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes, or until the pasta and carrots are to taste.
- Serve and garnish to taste with herbs, salt, and pepper.
Please let us know if you make this Chicken Twist Soup recipe on Facebook.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes With A Mexican & Thai Twist: Do The Twist
C’mon Baby, Let’s Do The Twist: A couple of twists on the classic Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken & Homestyle Noodle soup! Easy chicken noodle soup recipes that will have your mouth watering.
Oh yes! I was channeling my inner Chubby Checkers today. I need to be on a talent show. My act is cooking and dancing simultaneously. I was spinning, doing tap and line dancing, with a touch of ballet, ballroom, and breakdancing thrown into the mix. Loudly, I belted out lyrics to some old classics while I incorporated some simple ingredients into a classic soup in order to create what will be for my family (and hopefully yours) a new classic soup. The music was streaming loudly from my phone – downloaded masterpieces that transported me to the era of poodle skirts and bobby socks. I could see me, curled pony-tail, chewing gum, wide skirt, and sneakers with ankle socks. I danced and sang with abandon.
In my mind, I was no longer in my kitchen. I was at a sixty’s era dance contest. My kitchen transformed into a lighted studio, I held a microphone that was once a mixing spoon, and the large pot on the front burner of my stove was my partner. I sorted, chopped, and blended ingredients as I twirled in delight. I was making two of my favorite and amazing “twist” recipes. A “twist” recipe is what I call it when I use a stand-by favorite food and transform it into outrageously delicious. To make a “twist”, one must start with something that was already delicious and by adding a few targeted ingredients it becomes a new and reenergized masterpiece that everyone loves.
Today’s “twist” recipes use Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken & Homestyle Noodles soup bought at my chosen fast – ‘n–easy, go-to store, Walmart. I stocked up on the Progresso soups during my last trip to Walmart with them being made with quality ingredients (including antibiotic free and all white meat chicken), I knew it was a “must have” during the Fall season. I am going to throw-in some bling elements like spices, then other veggies and flavorings and simmer. When it is all done, in my partner pots will be two new and fabulous soups that my family goes crazy for. I can see us all tasting then dancing and singing around my ‘studio’ kitchen. A little ingredient “twist” here, then a little spice “twist” there and I have two new amazing and future classic soups. They are Thai Chicken Noodle and Mexican Chicken Noodle. I made both at the same time, so that instead of seconds of the same soup, our seconds were of the other flavor. My family did not just have fabulously delicious, they had fun with their fabulous. I know I have started a new tradition. From here on out, I will never be able to make one without making the other. Which is okay by me, because I love these soups as much as my family does. I just made these soups a few days ago, but writing about them has made me hungry. I guess it’s time for some “twist” soup. “C’mon Baby Let’s Do The Twist.”
Mexican Tortilla Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
1 can Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken and Homestyle Noodles
1 jalapeno (diced with no seeds)
1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
Toppings: shredded cheese, parsley & Fritos
Add Progresso soup, jalapeno, bell pepper and cilantro to pot. Cook on low heat 4-5 minutes or until boiling. Lower heat to simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Pour into serving bowl, add toppings and enjoy!
Thai Twist Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
1 can Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken and Homestyle Noodles
1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
Toppings: chow mein noodles & cilantro
Add Progresso soup, coconut milk, lime juice, cilantro and Tabasco sauce to pot. Cook on low heat 4-5 minutes or until boiling. Lower heat to simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Pour into serving bowl, add toppings and enjoy!
Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Winter calls for soup! This delicious Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe was inspired by my mother-in-law who makes the best soups ever! and of course, I needed to be able to make it for my family. After several tries, this one turned out perfect.
Now every time I feel like I am coming down with something, I make myself my own Chicken Noodle Soup. why? Because it’s that easy!
2 teaspoons butter
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
3/4 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp ground oregano
80 oz chicken broth
1 teaspoon “Better Than Bouillon” chicken base (or more if needed)
1 ½ cups uncooked egg noodles (you can use pearl pasta as well)
2 cups cooked chicken (about 2 nice size chicken breasts)
4 oz canned white corn drained
Fresh chopped parsley to taste
Fresh chopped cilantro – about 1 tablespoon
Melt butter in large pot. Sauté the celery, carrot and onion for 2 minutes.
Add thyme, poultry seasoning, oregano, chicken broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil.
Add noodles, chicken and corn and cook on low for 20 minutes.
If you’d like a bit more flavor add bits of Better than Bullion and taste until you reach desired flavor.
Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup
- Author: Katya
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1 x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
Comforting lemon chicken noodle soup with tender chicken, soft noodles, bright veggies, and lemon oregano infused broth. It’s the perfect soup to make year-round!
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 3/4 tsp . kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp . black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 medium onion, diced, about 1/2 – 1 cup
- 3 carrots, diced, about 1 cup
- 2 celery ribs, diced, about 1 cup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp . dried oregano
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 cups dried pasta, such as fine egg noodles or fideo (cut spaghetti)
- 1 Tbsp . lemon zest, about 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp . fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp . fresh chopped parsley
- In a 4.5-quart or bigger soup pot or a dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss chicken with 3/4 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 teaspoons of pepper and add to the pot. Cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil if needed. Add onions, carrots, and celery with a pinch of salt. Cook until the veggies are beginning to soften, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic and oregano and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer. Stir in pasta and chicken. Season soup with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer partially covered until pasta and veggies are tender, about 10-12 minutes. Stir the soup occasionally so the pasta does not stick.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Can I substitute chicken breast for the thighs? Yes, you can. In step 3, add the cooked chicken breast in the last 3 minutes of cooking, otherwise, if you add it in with the pasta it will be tough by the time the soup is done cooking.
- Leftovers: Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Keywords: chicken soup, noodle soup, spring soup
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Day of cooking:
- Place all ingredients except for the egg noodles in a large resealable freezer bag.
- Remove excess air. Freeze.
- Thaw. Cook in crockpot on low for 4-5 hours.
- Take out chicken and cube or shred it.
- Put it back in the crockpot.
- Add the noodles.
- Cook another 10 minutes until noodles are tender. If you want, you can serve the soup with soda crackers and an extra sprinkle of pepper.
Fun Healthy Recipes for Kids – Let Your Kids Create Their Own Recipes!
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into florets
- 10 baby carrots chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus blanched (see below) and cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can cooked chicken shredded
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 12 cups water
- 9 teaspoons or cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
And Sophia’s Pee Wee Soup was complete! My girls ate it for dinner and seemed to enjoy it, although the real test will be to see if they eat the leftovers (there are lots).
I liked the soup too! The only change I would make is to omit the celery, but that’s just a personal preference – I don’t like cooked celery. The seasoning was just right and the noodles were perfect. It was full of health ingredients and fun to make and and great way to get my reluctant veggie eaters to eat a healthy meal. And best of all, my daughter was so proud of her creation. The joy on her face was priceless, and because of that, I would have eaten her soup regardless of the taste.
Have your kids created any recipes? Share them with us in the comments below!
Check out some of our other soup recipes HERE and HERE.
And for more fun healthy recipes for kids, visit our Cooking with Kids page!
This Chicken Noodle Soup calls for traditional ingredients and a slight twist on the seasonings.
- Chicken: The secret to super tender chicken without crazy long cooking times is using chicken thighs! You can use boneless or bone-in chicken. Thighs also provide extra flavor and don’t dry out like chicken breast does.
- Broth: Our Homemade Chicken Broth is a delicious addition to this soup and provides a rich flavor. However, if you are in a pinch a low-sodium store-bought broth can work.
- Vegetables: Onions and celery sauteed together provide the traditional base for chicken noodle soup flavor. Diced carrots are another traditional vegetable. You can also add any other fresh or frozen veggies you would like.
- Seasonings: Dill and freshly-pressed garlic brighten the flavor palette and I love adding Mrs. Dash (no-salt seasoning).
Pro Tip: When sauteing ingredients for soups, use oil in the pan instead of butter. Butter will solidify when you refrigerate the soup.
The History of Chicken Noodle Soup:
Humans have been boiling food since the beginning of time, so it&rsquos likely they were boiling chicken as soon as chickens were domesticated. Chicken soup was a staple across Europe, so when immigrants came to the United States, they brought their recipes for chicken soup with them too. Noodles were eventually added to create what we know as Chicken Noodle Soup today.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup by Natasha&rsquos Kitchen. Filled with juicy chicken and tender noodles, this easy chicken noodle only takes about 30 minutes to make.
Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup by Sweet Peas Kitchen. Every spoonful of this delectable soup is filled with juicy chicken, veggies, egg noodles, and seasonings
Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup by RecipeGirl: This is the best chicken noodle soup recipe because it&rsquos creamy, flavorful, and easy-to-make using rotisserie chicken.
Easy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup by I Heart Umami: This recipe is a spin on the classic with a hint of Vietnamese chicken pho flavor.
Weeknight Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup by TheKitchn. It has everything you love about the classic &mdash juicy shreds of chicken, oh-so-soft egg noodles, tender vegetables, and rich, herb-infused broth &mdash plus a creamy upgrade that makes it ultra-cozy.
&ldquoFlu Fighter&rdquo Chicken Noodle Soup by 12 Tomatoes. When you feel sick, you want a little nourishing comfort food to help you feel better.
Easy, 30-Minute Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup by Averie Cooks. This recipes is classic, comforting, and tastes just like grandma made but much easier and faster!!
Korean Chicken Noodle Soup by Seonkyoung Longest. Also known as Dak (chicken) Kalguksu (fresh, hand-cut noodles), this Korean version has delicious Asian spices and is topped with crispy chicken.
Crack Chicken Noodle Soup by My Incredible Recipes. With additions of cheese, bacon and roasted chicken, everyone will ask for seconds!
Jewish Penicillin Chicken Noodle Soup by Princess Pinky Girl. Just like grandma used to make, this homemade soup, with Matzo Balls and Egg Noodles, is easy enough for even the most cooking challenged!
Paleo Chicken &ldquoNoodle&rdquo Soup by Foodborne Wellness. This soul soothing paleo chicken noodle soup is loaded with nutrients and packed full of flavor. Classic noodles are replaced with zucchini noodles.
Sicilian Chicken Noodle Soup by Little Broken. This soup is made from scratch with tender chunks of veggies, ditalini pasta, and shredded chicken in a tomato-based broth.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup by The Anthony Kitchen. Made with juicy chicken breasts, hearty vegetables, buttery egg noodles, and a rich, flavorful broth.
Low Carb Chicken Noodle Soup by Brownie Bites. This pot of soup is so close to the classic version that you won&rsquot even miss conventional noodles.
Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup by Noshing with the Nolands. This is a soup full of still slightly crunchy veggies and tender chicken that is made in a matter of minutes and tastes as if it came from a Chinese restaurant.
Easy Homemade Instant Pot Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup by 40 Aprons. This soup is the answer to soup when you&rsquore sick! It&rsquos so easy to make and tastes like you simmered it all day.
Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup by Little Spice Jar. This is a southwestern twist on the classic version.
Weight Watchers Chicken Noodle Soup by Keeping on Point. An easy lighter version made in the slow cooker or Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup by Platings and Pairings. A comprehensive guide on how to make PERFECT Chicken Noodle Soup in the Instant Pot.
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup by Joyful Healthy Eats. Each bite of this Chicken Noodle Soup is full of Thai flavor from the red curry paste, loaded with chicken, veggies and rice noodles.
Copycat Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup by Kim&rsquos Cravings. Tastier than the original, this soup is thick and chunky with a bold, flavorful broth.
Creamy Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup by The Recipe Rebel. With garlic, spinach, roasted red pepper and a touch of cream and Parmesan, it is hearty and flavorful!
One Pot Chicken Noodle Soup by The Country Cook. With this recipe, you get tons of great flavor with a little shortcut.
Puerto Rican Chicken Noodle Soup (Sopa de Fideo) by Latina Mom Meals. Using homemade sofrito for its base, it includes carrots, red peppers, boneless chicken, celery, onions, and thin pasta plus traditional Puerto Rican seasonings.
Pressure Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup by Mommy&rsquos Home Cooking. It only takes 30 minutes to make, so you can have soup done in a flash!