We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Popular collections
- Everyday cooking
- Quick and easy
These burgers aren't made from beef, but from kangaroo. It's hard to describe, I guess you'll just have to try it.
4 people made this
- 900g minced kangaroo meat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs or as needed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 sandwich rolls or burger buns, split
- 8 leaves lettuce
- 8 thick slices tomato
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:25min
- Mix the kangaroo, onion, caraway seed, thyme, egg and lemon zest together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. If mixture is too wet and sticky add breadcrumbs. Shape the mixture into 8 balls and flatten.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat; cook the burgers in the hot oil until the burgers are cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 5 to 7 minutes per side for well done. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre should read 70 degrees C. Serve the burgers on the split buns with lettuce and tomato.
Can be found online at www.osgrow.com or www.alternativemeats.co.uk. If mince is not available, blitz whole chunks of meat in a food processor.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (2)
I made these with venison (deer meat) and the family liked them cooked on the bbq outside. I left out the caraway seed because I cannot stomach it.-22 Sep 2009
Lipton Onion Soup Burger Recipe
Looking for a fool-proof way to flavor your burgers? This Lipton Onion Soup burger recipe is the answer.
There are hundreds of ways to season burgers. Some stick to just salt and pepper, while some add other flavors, such as Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
But the thing is, you won&rsquot find out if you&rsquove seasoned your burgers perfectly until after you&rsquove cooked them. If your burgers are too salty, there&rsquos no way to fix them!
That&rsquos where Lipton Onion Soup comes in. With this nifty little packet, there&rsquos no need to worry about under- or over-seasoning. You&rsquoll get perfectly flavored burgers every time.
So what are you waiting for? Put on your apron and fire up the grill, it&rsquos time to make burgers!
In the video that accompanied the recipe, Brown was precise (cryptically so) that the burgers should each be 5 ounces.
I don't own a scale — I don't believe in them — so I simply prayed that eyeballing my measurements would be accurate enough.
Other than that, this is a straightforward recipe. I just mixed the meats with a little salt in a small bowl then I formed a patty.
I was dubious that this recipe didn't require any pepper. But if there's one person I trust to cook using only one kind of seasoning, it's Brown.
How To Make A White Castle Slider Recipe
Mince a small to medium onion, I like sweet like a Vidalia. You want it minced fairly fine.
On a baking tray mix three pounds ground beef with diced small onion and kosher salt and pepper. No need to over mix, just get the onion distributed evenly. Then press down with your hands to make as level as possible, pushing the meat to the edge of the baking tray.
You’ll see in the picture below that I used parchment paper to keep the burgers from sticking to the tray. Now that I’ve made the White Castle slider recipe a few times, I’ve discovered that the bottom piece of parchment paper is not necessary.
Mix the White Castle slider meat mixture directly on the baking tray, no need to dirty another bowl
Cover the meat with a piece of parchment paper and use another baking tray to gently press down on the mixture, this ensures an even layer all the way across making the meat cook evenly.
Gently press the meat mixture out to the sides and corners of the baking tray
Remove the extra tray and parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven or until done to your liking.
Use a second baking tray and press gently to ensure all the sliders are the same thickness
If you want the sliders to have a char then turn up the heat to broil, place the tray on the top shelf and broil until you like the color. Personally, the sliders are between the bun and you really don’t see or taste the char. Broilers for me are a dangerous thing because I tend to get distracted and then burn whatever is in the broiler. Plus White Castle steams, not chars.
Remove the second baking tray and parchment paper and you’ll now have even thickness sliders
While the White Castle slider recipe is cooking, split and place the buns place open face on the second tray. Put a slice of American cheese on each bun.
Place cheese on buns while the sliders cook
Remove sliders from the oven and cut with a spatula, place on buns. Hint: hold a bun over the tray to determine where to cut the sliders, you want them to fit the bun. Typically you’ll get 15 sliders.
Hold a bun over the sliders to determine how large to cut the burgers, you want them to fit the bun size
Finish the sliders by placing the top bun on the burger, cover tray with foil and return to the oven for a minute or so to steam the buns and melt the cheese.
The Book of Burger
Rachael Ray, #1 New York Times bestselling author and media mogul, offers up the ultimate burger book.
The Book of Burger is filled with over 300 recipes for burgers, sliders, sides, sloppies, hot dogs, sandwiches, sauces, toppings and more. The Queen of Burgers has drawn together her tastiest recipes for the ultimate between-the-buns experience. Whether you're cooking for one or for one hundred in your own backyard burger bash, The Book of Burger has you covered for bringing family and friends together for the love of burgers! Please 'em all—big and small—with everything from burgers to sandwiches, hot dogs, fries, sliders, and sloppies, and so much more.
Twelve original videos (directly accessible by links throughout the text) make The Book of Burger a truly multimedia experience and a smart book that celebrates the infinite possibilities of everybody's favorite food.
What is a traditional Australian Ham Burger?
Australians are really particular about their toppings and stuffing’s in any type of Aussie style burger. Really Particular means ‘Really Particular’! In fact, they made their traditional Australian ham burgers so special and typical Aussie style with different combination of flavors unlike any other burgers you have ever tasted. Let us know what those typical toppings that are loaded in between the patties to make it a traditional and a good Australian burger. Here are the list of toppings for a traditional Australian Ham Burger.
- Lettuce, tomato, and cheddar cheese
- Onions, bacon, and a chili mayo sauce
- A runny fried egg
- Grilled pineapple- Are you doubting on grilled pine apple. But believe me, grilled pineapple toppings top the list of Aussie style burgers
- Pickled Beets
Actually even I was wondered about wrapping up the burger with these toppings but it turned out very well after trying and we really enjoy the flavors when we wrap our mouths with this delicious six-inch tower Australian Ham Burger.
Meat & Livestock Australia’s Catherine Goulding says, “If you ever wanted a taste of Australia, the Great Aussie Lamb Burger is 100 percent Aussie in every bite,” In Australia a good loaded burger is well-known as ‘a burger with the lot’.
Tip: Follow this simple tip to prepare a sky high and stable stacked burger! There is no any official way to assemble to stuffing’s and fillings in between the two patties of a burger but to make a great Aussie Ham Burger, just keep the salad at the bottom, the ham in the middle and the fried egg on top.
Instructions to make Traditional Australian Ham Burger
Try out this delicious natural Australian Ham Burger recipe suggested by the experts done in a classic style with ham, pine apple, fried eggs, beets, etc.
Preparation Time: 25-30 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 Burgers
Course: Dinner/ Snack
Servings: 4 persons
Ingredients to make Burger
- 1 sweet onion, sliced into thick rings
- 4 pineapple rings, patted dry
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- ¾ c pickled beets, drained, sliced, and patted dry
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 Certified Angus Beef ® brand hamburger patties (There is no strict rule of using Angus branded Beef, if you do not get this brand, you can use any kind of market available branded ham burgers)
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- 4 hamburger buns
Ingredients to make Chilli Mayo Sauce
Steps to prepare Ham Burgers
- Take a small bowl and put the sauces such as mayonnaise, tomato ketch up, and hot sauce into it. Mix it well using a spatula and keep it aside.
- Keep your grill neat and clean and preheat it on medium heat
- Now keep a skillet (a frying pan) and heat it to medium heat. Once the frying pan is hot, fry your bacon or ham meat on medium heat until the meat is properly cooked, becomes soft and tender. Then transfer the bacon meat into a paper towel lined plate from the skillet.
- Take a hot bacon grease and crack four eggs into it. Fry the eggs and make sure the whites in the egg are cooked until your preferred done-ness. Remove the fried eggs from the pan.
- Now it is time to place our burger patties on the pre-heated grill. Allow each burger to cook for 5-7 minutes on both sides (flipping the sides in between) until firm and cooked properly to your desired texture and color.
- The cooking time of burgers actually depends on the heat of the grill and thickness of the burger. If you are using the packed burgers, just follow the package instructions at the back side of the package.
- Once the burgers are cooked, remove them from the grill and let it rest to 3-4 minutes and covered with aluminium foil.
- The most important and interesting step of preparing burgers is arrived. That is ‘constructing burgers by layering the ingredients’. Layer the flavoured ingredients such as lettuce, beets, pineapple, tomato, and onion on one side of the bun and the ham burger patty follows, and continue layering with grilled ham meat, cheese, and finally with fried egg. Noe cover off everything with the help of another bun upside down. Make sure to apply or slather the second bun with chilli mayo. Chilli Mayo enhances the taste of the burger and makes you feel heavenly.
- Make your jaws in the mouth ready to bite this epic tower and enjoy the delicious burger.
Here is another classic method of preparing Australian burgers in simple and easy way.
- 400g plant-based mince, or cheap beef mince
- 4 slices tasty cheese
- 2 slices tinned pineapple
- 4 thick rashers of bacon, halved
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1 whole cooked small beetroot, sliced, or 4 slices tinned beetroot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, to serve
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce, to serve
Step-1: Firstly, make the mince into four equal portions and season with pepper and salt. After seasoning, roll them into small balls without giving much pressure. A light pressure is enough to make them flattened and thin patties, about 1cm thick in diameter. They might look larger than your regular burger buns but do not worry, they get shrink after cooking. Rest the patties in the freezer for about ten to fifteen minutes.
Step-2: This is a kind of preparation step, which you can also keep it ready before you start making burgers. Slice the pineapple horizontally into half in order to create thin rings. To remove excess water and moisture, transfer the beetroot and pineapple on to a piece of absorbent paper. Absorbent paper works well in removing excess water.
Step-3: On medium heat or flame, heat a frying pan (skillet) or hot plate, add required amount of olive oil. Get the pineapple rings and fry them for a couple of minutes flipping both sides until they turn brown. Dish out the fried pineapple rings and add bacon. Cook bacon until it is cooked nicely or until it turns brown. Remove the fried cooked bacon from the pan and add the urger patties and let it cook for three to four minutes on each side.
Step-4: Keep the ready by slicing them into half or cut-side down. Put these buns directly on the hot plate or frying pan until toasted. It might take three to four minutes until it gets toasted.
Step-5: Bring the eggs into picture. Fry the eggs for about four to five minutes over medium flame until the white part is set and the yolk still looks runny.
Step-6: Slather a little mayonnaise to the base of another bun. Add lettuce and any other green salads before you place the burger patty on to the bun. Now cover the burger patty with bacon, beets, tomato, pineapple, egg, and finally with barbeque sauce. Lock the top of the bun with a skewer. Serve immediately as hot. Yummy delicious Australian Burger with the lot is ready to melt in your mouth.
Tip: Whatever the recipe or preparation method you follow, keep this small but very helpful tip in handy i.e. before you start layering with lettuce, beets, tomato, etc. spread the bun bases with butter, which helps to keep or assemble the fillings together and compactly.
Australians really enjoy these burgers in their dinners. Even if you are out of Australia and you like the components, then go ahead with our simple and easily understandable instructions and enjoy the great Aussie style hamburger and regular burgers.
In fact Aussies grew up with these traditional and cultural cuisine dish either prepared at home or from a milk bar. Mostly, Aussies would love to add potato scallops as a side dish while enjoying burgers. Also the pickled beets are very important to include in this awesome recipe as it adds a different flavour to the burger. Make sure to pick up sweet pickled beets for making Aussie style burgers.
I would like to include some details that are very helpful when you are making your own burger patties. Hopefully you will find it even simpler.
1 lb. ground beef, 85% fat, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, take ground beef and mix together with salt, and pepper for seasoning. Divide the mixture into small four equal portions. Shape each portion into a 3 – 4 inch patty. Set the patties aside.
Now if you like to grill then go ahead along with onions and pineapple rings or else you can grill by skewing the onions through its sides to hold the rings together. Grill them until they turn some nice brown color or until they get some good grill marks. Brush the slices of onions and pineapple rings in between to get it grilled properly.
About the common and magical ingredients used in the Australian Ham Burger recipe
Your each and every bite of Australian Ham Burger is worthy to take since each bite offers a perfect combination of fresh, meaty, sweet, tangy, and creamy flavoured taste. For Example:
As I already told you, the pickled beets add that sweet and tangy flavour together just like sweet cucumber pickle.
The cheddar cheese is like king among all ingredients as it adds rich creamy texture and look to our sky-high burger while egg and mayonnaise adds additional layers of creamy flavors. Also the beets flavour perfectly blends with the pineapple rings and cut through the rich flavors of meat and bacon.
The flavour of chilli mayo is enough to add a spice touch to the burger and finally let us not forget to talk about the bacon’s magical flavour, which adds crunchiness and saltiness to the burger and serves as a best supporting flavour in the sea of toppings and creamy goodness.
Australian Ham Burger is worth to try out and hinge-up your jaw to enjoy the taste ypou ever had from any burger from any locality. Happy cooking!
- 28 ounces freshly ground beef (preferably the Blue Label Burger Blend ground chuck will do)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices cheese (I recommend American or cheddar)
- 4 soft hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Toppings and condiments as desired
Preheat broiler to high. Divide meat into four equal 7-ounce portions and gently shape each one into a patty 4.5-inches wide by approximately 3/4-inch thick. Place on flat surface and create a dimple in the center of the patty by pushing down with three or four fingers. The dimple should be about 1/4 of an inch deep and 3 inches across. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Place patties on foil-lined broiler pan and position so that tops of patties are 2 1/2 to 3 inches below the broiler elements or flame. Broil for 3 minutes until top is well browned and begging to char. Flip patties and continue to broil until center reads 130 degrees on an instant read thermometer for medium-rare, about 3 minutes longer. Adjust cooking time if you want them more or less cooked.
Top each patty with a slice of cheese, place back under broiler for 25 seconds to melt, place on buns, top as desired, and serve.
Many people think that the best burger is cooked outside on the grill. But this burger recipe, made on a countertop grill or grill pan on the stove, proves them wrong. With some simple additions and techniques, you can have a great burger that is grilled indoors.
Part of its flavor comes from adding a few key ingredients to the ground beef, such as an egg. Also critical to this burger's success? Lightly toasting the bun in the pan you used to cook the burgers, to soak up all the delicious juices.
If you opt to use leaner meats like lean ground beef, bison, or turkey, adding eggs, Worcestershire sauce, and molasses will make your burgers juicier and more flavorful. Using a grill pan or countertop grill allows you to mimic the char you get on an outdoor grill, which adds to the grilled flavor.
Another trick is dimpling the burger before you grill it. The patty will contract as it cooks and this keeps it flatter without a hump in the middle.
As with any burger, it's up to you how rare or well done you want your meat. Although there are risks of bacteria when meat is too rare, sometimes with this recipe leaving a little pink in the middle makes it extra tasty. For the well-done crowd, leave your burger on the grill for an additional 2 to 3 minutes to give it that extra sear that mimics an outdoor-grilled burger.
Recipe: Butter Burgers Delicious
Butter Burgers – Sprinkle salt onto joints of meat before roasting, add a little to stews and sauces while cooking, and remember to generously salt the water when boiling pasta, rice and potatoes.
Tasty Butter Burgers recipe and process is a culmination of the little recommendations I`ve realized over the past 2 years. Butter Burgers happens to be a week-end preparing challenge, that will be to say you will need a handful of hours to accomplish it, but when you`ve got the method down you can cook more than one portion at any given time for household picnics or just to own cool areas to consume from the refrigerator on a whim.
In this beautiful day, I am planning to educate you on steps to make Butter Burgers for Mom with simple ingredients, the same as Chinese restaurants. My Butter Burgers recipe is the best on the planet!
I will also show you how to utilize up leftover steamed rice and allow it to be into an appetizing, cheap, and flavorful meal for your family!
I attempted applying somewhat less water than usual, which includes been encouraged elsewhere. It helped a little sometimes, but different occasions, I had to include more and more water whilst the quinoa was cooking. Then, the dried quinoa soaked up way an excessive amount of the dressing I included later.
How to make Butter Burgers?
Whether you live by yourself or are a busy parent, locating the full time and energy to get ready home-cooked dinners can seem such as a challenging task. By the end of a hectic day, eating dinner out or purchasing in might sense such as the quickest, easiest option. But ease and processed food may have a substantial cost on your own mood and health.
Eateries often serve more food than you must eat. Several eateries function portions that are 2 to 3 times greater than the encouraged nutritional guidelines. This encourages you to eat a lot more than you’d in the home, adversely affecting your waistline, blood stress, and threat of diabetes.
Whenever you prepare your possess dinners, you’ve more get a grip on on the ingredients. By preparing on your own, you can make sure that you and your household eat new, healthful meals. This assists you to appear and feel healthiest, boost your power, secure your fat and mood, and improve your rest and resilience to stress.
You can cook Butter Burgers using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butter Burgers:
- Prepare 3 Lbs of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic Herb Butter.
Butter Burgers step by step:
- Combine Ground Beef Salt and pepper..
- Form into large meatballs approx 1/2Lb to 3/4Lb..
- Cut meatball almost in half. Should resemble Pac Man..
- Cut butter into little pads. Place pad of butter in your meatball..
- Close the meatball and ensure butter is completely encapsulated it meatball. No visible butter like in picture..
- Heat a skillet to medium high. Place meatball in pan and once meat starts to change color, flatten it down into a patty and allow to cook till browned. Flip burger and cook for another 2 minutes..
- Build your burger.
It’s cheaper to eat fast food than Butter Burgers
Initially view, it might seem that eating at a junk food restaurant is less expensive than creating a home-cooked meal. But that is seldom the case. A study from the School of Washington College of Public Wellness unmasked that folks who cook at home tend to have healthy overall diets without larger food expenses. Yet another examine discovered that regular house cooks spent about $60 per month less on food than people who ate out more often.
I do not understand how to prepare Butter Burgers
- If you are intimidated by the chance of preparing a home-cooked meal, it’s important to remember that cooking is not an exact science.
- It’s often completely OK to miss a component or alternative a very important factor for another Butter Burgers.
- Look online or obtain a simple cookbook for simple recipe ideas.
- Just like such a thing, the more you make, the greater you’ll become. Even when you are a complete novice in your kitchen, you’ll soon grasp some quick, balanced meals.
What formula must I personally use for Butter Burgers?
Simple oils like canola, plant and peanut oil have higher smoking factors, creating them perfect for burning chicken. Learn more about choosing the proper gas for frying.
What should and must not be performed when cooking Butter Burgers
- Make sure everything is freezing in a sealable pot or bag.
- Meat specifically must be properly wrapped.
- Make bread straight from fridge, anti-waste strategy urges.
- Remember that any such thing that has a higher water material, like lettuce, will not be the exact same following being frozen and then defrosted.
- Attempt to freeze every thing when at its freshest. Defrost meat thoroughly before preparing, but other items such as bread for toasting may be prepared right from the freezer.
- Never refreeze natural beef that’s been icy and then thawed – you are able to, nevertheless, freeze prepared meat which was frozen when raw.
- Make certain the fridge isn’t loaded so whole that air can not circulate.
Strategies for starting out!
Focus on fresh, balanced ingredients. Baking sweet goodies such as brownies, cakes, and cookies won’t support your quality of life or your waistline. Similarly, introducing an excessive amount of sugar or sodium may change a wholesome home-cooked meal into an unhealthy one. To ensure meals are great for you in addition to being delicious, start with healthy components and quality with spices rather than sugar or salt.
Inventory through to staples. Elements such as rice, dinner, coconut oil, spices, flour, and stock cubes are staples you’ll likely use regularly. Keeping cups of tuna, beans, tomatoes and bags of freezing vegetables readily available could be helpful in rustling up rapid foods when you’re sent for time.
Give your self some leeway. It’s fine to burn off the rice or over-cook the veggies. After a few attempts it are certain to get easier, faster, and nicer!
This dish is very near and dear to my heart. When living in İstanbul, I ended many late nights out on İstiklal Street with an ıslak hamburger at the bustling Taksim Square. Literally translated to &ldquowet hamburger,&rdquo for 6 liras (about .80 USD), you can get a modest hamburger, bathed, buns and all, in a delicious tomato garlic sauce, and set to steam in a glass display case until a hungry pedestrian snatches it up. Islak hamburgers were my last meal in Istanbul and is one of my first meals every time I return for a visit.
With the addition of breadcrumbs, egg, parsley and other seasonings, this burger patty recipe differs from the all-beef American burger patties you may be used to because the patties take inspiration more from köfte, Turkish meatballs, than American hamburgers. However, I have accounted for American preferences by doubling the size of the burger so that it&rsquos filling enough for a meal.
Kızılkayalar Hamburger, a family-operated business to this day, claims to have invented this dish almost 50 years ago in 1972 at their Taksim Square location. Considering that İstanbul was founded almost 2,700 years ago, this is a relatively modern dish that has still managed to gain widespread popularity. Today you can find places serving ıslak hamburgers all over the country.
So if you can&rsquot hop on a flight to Turkey tonight, maybe go for the next best thing and whip up some ıslak hamburgers. Afiyet olsun!
&bullThe original Turkish version doesn&rsquot call for a specific type of bun, but I think choosing a softer bread (like brioche, potato, or Hawaiian) would allow the buns to soften a lot faster once steamed.
&bullRaw ground beef should be stored in the refrigerator for no longer than two days, so plan your grocery store visit or delivery accordingly.
&bullFor the ground beef, an 80/20 meat-to-fat ratio is ideal. Leaner cuts may result in a dry, crumbly patty.
&bullWhen forming the patties, use chilled meat and avoid overworking and overheating the mixture. If the mixture is too warm, the fat starts melting, and tends to stick to your hands and work surfaces, instead of staying in the burger.
&bullDo not add salt to the ground beef mixture season it as close to cooking as possible. If you salt too early, the salt breaks down the proteins in the meat, and results in denser, tougher patties.
&bullMake a thumbprint-sized dent in the center of the patty to avoid having the center bulge too much as it cooks.
&bullOnly flip the burger once. You should be able to nudge it slightly with your spatula to test if it is ready to flip. If it still seems to be a little stuck on the pan, it&rsquos not ready yet. A very hot cast iron or stainless steel pan should help quickly create a sear.
&bullYou can prepare the patties a few hours ahead of time and keep them tightly wrapped and refrigerated. Don't allow ground meat to sit at room temperature, growing bacteria.
&bullIf you have a panini press or George Foreman grill, you can actually cook this more like the ıslak hamburgers you&rsquod find at Kızılkayalar Hamburger. On high heat, baste both sides of the grill plates in butter or margarine. Then place a dry bottom bun with a raw patty on top and press the grill closed to cook one side of the patty. Once one side is cooked, flip the patty over and press the grill closed again to cook the other side. When both sides are cooked, slather the tomato sauce on top of the patty and then add the top bun. Brush the top bun in melted butter. Quickly press the grill closed so there are grill marks on the top burger bun and then set the burgers to steam in the pan of water and parchment paper set up.