We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Filo pastry
There's not always time to make individual apple pastries, so why not a giant turnover for the whole family? Just filo pastry, apples, raisins, sugar and almonds. You can also add pecans or hazelnuts and small pieces of dried apricot.
1 person made this
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- melted butter for brushing
- 5 apples, cored, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1 large handful raisins
- 70g almond flakes
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:50min ›Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Spread one sheet of filo pastry on a baking tray and brush with melted butter. Repeat with second and third sheets of filo and set to one side.
- In a large bowl combine diced apples, sugar and raisins and mix well. Spread mixture over filo sheets and sprinkle with almonds, leaving about a 2cm perimeter of pastry uncovered.
- Cover with another sheet of filo pastry and brush with melted butter; repeat with remaining 2 sheets of pastry. Seal pastry edges together around perimeter with a bit of water and brush top with egg yolk.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 50 minutes. The baking time will vary a bit depending on type of apples used). If top is browning too quickly, cover with aluminium foil until cooked evenly and top is nicely browned.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving, as apple mixture will be piping hot.