We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Slow cooker beef
This is a comforting chunky chilli recipe with lots of kidney beans and three types of peppers. This recipe makes enough to feed a crowd or leave you with plenty of leftovers for another night.
3 people made this
- 900g lean beef mince
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 (400g) tins kidney beans
- 1 green pepper, sliced into large chunks
- 1 red pepper, sliced into large chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into large chunks
- 1 jalapeno chilli pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- dried oregano
- dried parsley
- ground cumin
- spicy chilli sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- grated Cheddar cheese (optional)
- sliced shallots or spring onions (optional)
- soured cream (optional)
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10hr ›Ready in:10hr15min
- Brown the beef mince, onion and garlic in a large pan over medium heat: transfer into the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or High for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve with hot rice or with tortilla chips; top with grated cheese, sliced shallots and soured cream if you like.